EQIP Business, Industry and Tourism Skills Centre (EBITS)
Please select the below links to view PDFs:
- The EBITS program is delivered onsite in a professional business suite at Boyne Smelters Limited.
- Students study a Certificate II or III in Business, Certificate II in Tourism and/or Active Volunteering.
- Students are heavily involved in the community – attending networking meetings and assisting with a number of local events, for example:
- Attending Gladstone Chamber of Commerce and Industry monthly meetings to learn more about small to medium businesses in our region.
- Completing Gladstone Area Promotion and Development Limited Ambassador Training to volunteer to welcome and provide support for P&O Cruise ship passengers visiting Gladstone.
- Assisting with activities at the annual Boyne Tannum Hookup
- Volunteering on the day at the RSPCA Million Paws Walk
- Running the drink station at the Botanic to Bridge event
- Assisting with marketing and attending as ambassadors at the EQIP Gladstone Careers Expo
Students select additional activities and volunteering opportunities throughout the year based on their individual interests.
- Certificate II Business (Year 10): Approximately 20 students per year
- Certificate III Business (Year 10-12): Approximately 20 students per year
- Certificate II Tourism & Active Volunteering: Approximately 20 year 12 students.
Employment in Business, Tourism or Services Sector. Or tertiary studies.