EQIP Business, Industry and Tourism Skills Centre (EBITS)
Please select the below links to view PDFs:
- The EBITS program is delivered onsite in a professional business suite at Boyne Smelters Limited.
- Students study a Certificate II in Workplace Skills, a Certificate III in Business or a Certificate II in Tourism and/or Active Volunteering.
- Students are heavily involved in the community – attending networking meetings and assisting with a number of local events, for example:
- Attending Gladstone Chamber of Commerce and Industry monthly meetings to learn more about small to medium businesses in our region.
- Completing Gladstone Area Promotion and Development Limited Ambassador Training to volunteer to welcome and provide support for P&O Cruise ship passengers visiting Gladstone.
- Assisting with activities at the annual Boyne Tannum Hookup
- Running the drink station at the Botanic to Bridge event
- Assisting with marketing and attending as ambassadors at the EQIP Gladstone Careers Expo and other events
Students select additional activities and volunteering opportunities throughout the year based on their individual interests.
- Certificate II Workplace Skills (Year 10): Approximately 20 students per year
- Certificate III Business (Year 10-12): Approximately 20 students per year
- Certificate II Tourism & Active Volunteering: Approximately 20 year 12 students.
Employment in Business, Tourism or Services Sector. Or tertiary studies.