EQIP Process Plant Operations (EPMA)
Please select the below links to view PDFs:
14 year 11 or 12 students each year
- Students complete a Certificate II Process Plant Operations with CQUniversity Gladstone 1 day per week all year, with practical studies completed in a large simulated plant room.
- Year 11 students may also apply to participate in an optional second year of the program and complete work experience 1 day per week with a host employer while receiving additional career support from the EQIP team.
- Program includes First Aid, Confined Space, and Gas Test Atmosphere training.
- Students visit Queensland Alumina Limited up to 4 times throughout the year to complete practical training aligned to the certificate qualification.
- The EPMA Program is proudly sponsored by Conocophillips APLNG, Shell’s QGC Business and Santos GLNG and in recent years have been invited to tour the Curtis Island LNG Facilities.
- Student’s may also participate in site tours of other facilities such as QER and/or Northern Oil Refineries
1 Year with the optional 2nd year.
Apprenticeship, traineeship, employment or further study in the Operations and Maintenance, Engineering or Manufacturing Sector. This program may also suit students who are wanting a non trade-specific introduction to local industry.
Operator, Maintenance Mechanic, Process Technician, Water Industry Operator, Mine-site worker or trade.