EQIP Process Plant Operations (EPMA)
Please select the below links to view PDFs:
14 grade 11 or 12 students each year
(Also eligible for Year 10 ATAR-bound students, must be 15 years old by course commencement)
- Students complete a Certificate II Process Plant Operations with CQUniversity Gladstone 1 day per week all year, with practical studies completed in a large simulated plant room.
- Year 11 students may also apply to participate in an optional second year of the program and complete work experience 1 day per week with a host employer while receiving additional career support from the EQIP team.
- Program includes First Aid, Confined Space, Gas Test Atmosphere and Isolation training.
- Students visit Queensland Alumina Limited up to 4 times throughout the year to complete practical training aligned to the certificate qualification.
- The EPMA Program is proudly sponsored by Conocophillips APLNG, Shell’s QGC Business and Santos GLNG and includes a tour of one of the Curtis Island LNG Facilities
- Student’s may also participate in site tours of other facilities such as QER and/or Northern Oil Refineries
- Tours and QAL opportunities are pending any COVID restrictions that may be in place for site visits.
1 Year with the optional 2nd year.
Apprenticeship, traineeship, employment or further study in the Operations and Maintenance, STEM, Engineering or Manufacturing Sector. This program may also suit students who are wanting a non trade-specific introduction to local industry.
Operator, Maintenance Mechanic, Process Technician, Water Industry Operator, Laboratory Assistant, Mine-site worker or trade. Traineeship and Apprenticeships within local LNG or renewables sectors.
The program has seen students successfully achieve Electrical and Electrical Instrumentation apprenticeships upon completion of the program and relevant work experience.