EQIP Doorways to Civil Construction (ED2CC)
Please select the below links to view PDFs:
Approximately 18 Year 10 students each year.
- Year 10 program delivered on-site at McCosker Contracting by a trade-qualified Gladstone State High School Teacher.
- Students are introduced to the construction industry and given the opportunity to learn entry-level construction skills including the use of hand tools and powered equipment, work place health and safety, and how to behave appropriately in the workplace.
- Students do not receive a formal qualification for this program, however, will receive their First Aid Certificate and a number of Competency-to-operates (CTO’).
- Students complete a variety of pledge work practical projects for local industry and community groups. In the past this has included picnic tables, bench seating, cape cod chairs and formwork; as well as concreting, painting and general repairs.
- This course also includes a 1-week work experience block during term time with McCosker Contracting or Sparkmans Cabinetry.
- Students participate in a tour of EQIP trade-based senior programs, with many students successfully continuing into one of these programs.
6 months (1 Semester)
Note: In 2022 this program may be split, and run 2 x 6 month courses with 10-12 students in each.
Various trade or industry pathways: Civil Construction Industry, Senior EQIP Program, TAFE Program