Work experience provides valuable opportunities for students to learn more about occupations and industry, explore career pathways and gain skills and experience in different jobs and sectors. Gladstone businesses benefit by supporting the education and development of our future workforce. Through work experience employers can talk to students about the industry, its career paths and future directions and potentially identify future employees.
Work experience can be hands-on with a range of entry to mid-level tasks, shadowing an expert in the field, or structured to apply theoretical learnings in a practical work environment.
Delivered in partnership with local industry and Tannum Sands State High School, Toolooa State High School, Gladstone State High School, Chanel College, Mount Larcom State School, Faith Baptist Christian School, and Trinity College.
There are over 85 vocations across a range of industry sectors in the Gladstone region for you to experience. This is your opportunity to find out what you want to do when you transition from school to employment or further study.
Contact your Senior School Coordinator today to talk about the benefits of work experience and to submit an application form. Your school will work with EQIP to find you a suitable work experience placement.
- EQIP is a not-for-profit organisation that acts as the central point of contact for all schools and employers in the Gladstone region for work experience
- Work experience is available to Year 9 (over 14), 10, 11, and 12 students
- EQIP provides support to employers and ensures a safe workplace for students
- Work experience can be 1 day per week or a 1 week block, however, can be longer blocks of time
- Students can participate in vocational, structured, work sampling, shadowing, or research work experience
- Work experience is unpaid
- Students are covered under Department of Education and Training WorkCover and Liability Insurances
For more information visit the Department of Education and Training’s website: http://education.qld.gov.au/students/placement/work/workex.html
Contact EQIP today to get your copy of the Work Experience Guide for Employers. This includes important information on workplace learning programs for year 10, 11 and 12 secondary students in the Gladstone region.
Employers, register your interest today!
Register today to confirm your interest in providing work experience opportunities for our next generation workforce.